Ensure that you are able to enjoy retirement through use of annuities. Artists Business Management Group can help you set up the proper annuities and financial buckets for a safe and enjoyable retirement!
What is an annuity?
Annuities are financial tools that can generate income that is guaranteed for life. What is the difference between immediate and deferred annuities?
Immediate: Annuity premiums are immediately converted into guaranteed income.
Deferred: Premiums have the opportunity for growth on a tax deferred basis and are converted to income at a later date.
There are many types of annuities and many ways to secure them. Some include:
- 401(k) Plans or Employer-Sponsored Retirement Plans
- Traditional and Roth IRAs
- Life Insurance
- Stocks, Mutual Funds, and other Investments
Fixed Indexed Annuities
A fixed indexed annuity (FIA) can help you reduce your exposure to market risk and create a guaranteed stream of lifetime income.
What is a fixed index annuity?
- An insurance product in which you have the potential to earn tax-deferred interest each year.
- The interest credited is based on the performance of an external index.
- The better the index performs, the better your potential interest credits, up to a limit.
Benefits of Fixed Index Annuities
- FIAs provide downside protection from market volatility
- Have a premium guarantee, which means you can’t lose money due to market declines
- Even if the index declines in value, your annuity value doesn’t. You simply earn little or no interest in those years, but your premium doesn’t decline.
With an FIA, you can add an optional guaranteed minimum withdrawal benefit rider to your contract to create a retirement income stream. This benefit allows you to withdraw up to a certain percentage each year. As long as you stay within the allotted amount, the withdrawal is guaranteed for life. Even if the contract performs poorly, you can still withdraw your annual amount as long as you live.